Friday, November 18, 2011

redwoods and ocean views

I have a lovely friend at work who is an artist....we both love fantasy and fairies, the Oz books, Maxfield Parrish...she has always been so sweet and caring to me, as well.  One day, my first year at the school we teach at, I had a really bad day. I felt like I was a terrible teacher and was so discouraged.  She gave me a card and a pastry the next day, telling me what a good English teacher she thought I was--this meant so much coming from a veteran teacher.  Another time, when I was heartbroken about some matter of the heart, she left me another card telling me that I would someday find someone that wouldn't break my heart.  She was right, of course:)  I have always wondered what makes her so caring and so seemingly fond of me and I think she is one of the kindest hearts I have ever met.
Today, I was filling her in on the events of my life this past week--I knew she would appreciate all the Alice references, as she knows my love of Alice and often refers to me as Alice whenever I wear one of my Etsy/ Anthropologie styled dresses.  I asked if I could commission a very special cake topper to be made and she said she'd make it for me as a gift!  Again, kindness abounds.  Also, she told me her sister owns a gorgeous inn in Northern California that she thought I should go to for my honeymoon....I checked out the website and I cannot believe how perfect it is--it is exactly what I dreamed of and to be honest, I wish we could just have a destination wedding and get married there.  I really really hope that a honeymoon at the Lost Whale Inn works out....if it does, I might feel the need to don my dress again and run around in the woods, barefoot with flowers in my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment