Friday, November 25, 2011

twigs and leaves...

So, we've set a date and a location for our ceremony and reception:)  It's going to be at Heritage Hills Historic Park in Lake Forest, CA on June 10th, 2012.  I still cannot believe that I am so lucky as to have met someone that I want to marry and that I get to marry him AND I get to make a pretty handmade party, too!

Because I am a psycho, I have gotten a lot done already...I already had planned things out because I knew D. was going to propose and I knew we would want to get married as soon as we could:)  Some of it I won't write about because I want it to be a surprise, even though I seriously doubt many will read this...

I originally thought I wanted a pretty strict color scheme of greens, browns, and creams, but honestly, it's become sort of a free for all:)  The lovely ladies are wearing sage/ ivory, mint, kelly, and apple green....I want my flower girls to wear ivory or cream and I bought some fake monarch butterflies for them to wear in their hair....my vintage-y floral hair piece (Etsy seller Whichgoose) looks like it might have peach-y touches to it (I might add some brown and green ribbons or something), as does Steph's...so orange-y colors are present...D's favorite color is purple, so I have included some lavender touches as well in the pom poms and wands (in place of rice or bubbles)...

so mainly, I think it is a book nature theme, and the colors are more loose....I am planning on making the bridesmaid's flowers out of their favorite books and tissue paper, so they will mostly be creams and whites, but I might include some pale peach and lavender or even green flowers....I think as long as we like it, that's all that matters...

And I am definitely having the guys wear converse...maybe all in green?  Maybe D will wear purple cons?  He does love purple, though I like the green color they offer!  I think different colored green ties, maybe thrifted? I don't care, they can get whatever green tie they want.  Vests, slacks....I don't know anymore than that:)  I am stumped on my shoes, and will be until I see the dress on (assuming it works on me)....I was thinking Tom's, when I thought my shoes wouldn't show....then I thought green heels, but forgot D is the same height as me, and I really don't want to tower over him on our wedding day....I have looked for green flats and haven't found much I have liked...there are a few pair of sandals that might work.  Maybe I will still stick with Tom's--glittery silver in honor of my love of L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz OR the ivory ribbon ones....I wish they had pretty pale green ribbon ones, though!

I would like to put some pics up, but I have to download them, first...so I will edit them in shortly!  Just wanted to babble happily:)

2 comments:

  1. The additional peach and lavender just make it sound more like a children's storybook! Totally works. :)

    Love whichgoose too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it in the Which Goose stuff in the mail and I LOVE them:) She is so awesome. I bought a wreath for a Halloween costume, years back that I loved. The dog eventually got hold of it BUT it was what I was wearing when I met Dan, actually;)

    ReplyDelete